Artist Interview: SAVVYG

Artist Interview: SAVVYG


Tell us about yourself and your music


My name is Savannah Garza, I am from San Antonio, TX, and I am a singer/songwriter breaking into the music scene. My style of music is Pop/Alternative, kind of a Katy Perry meets Avril Lavigne, meets Taylor Swift.


At the young age of 12, I began taking vocal and guitar lessons as a way to promote myself in beauty pageants. I fell in love with performing on stage, and the rest as they say, was history. Now, at 18 years old, I have progressed from the runway, to the stage and studio.


I am currently writing and recording both originals and covers alike. I also perform gigs around the United States. During the summer of 2016, I was on the nationwide ‘Boys of Summer Tour’. I have been fortunate enough to have performed in front of thousands of people to date, and collaborated with some of the hottest talent in the industry.


I released my first single ‘There for You’ with Grammy Award winning producer, Ron Morales (Studio M). My second single, ‘Could Have Told Me’, was produced by Justin Bieber’s producer, Gemini. With the help of multi-platinum, award-winning producer Andrew Lane, I released my EP ‘Last Tears’ in late 2016. I am currently co-writing and producing with guitarists Tim McCord and Troy McLawhorn of the band Evanescence.


This is only the beginning of my musical journey and I can’t wait to see what lies ahead!


Talk to us more about your latest release


My latest release is my EP entitled ‘Last Tears’. With the help of multi-platinum selling, award-winning producer Andrew Lane out of Los Angeles, California, my EP was released in late 2016. With these three songs, I hoped to show the world a different side of me. Although I love pop, I wanted to do something a little more edgier. From the heavy synth, to the encapsulating guitar riffs, ‘Hollywood Ending’, ‘Human Diamond’, and ‘Last Tears’, showcase a new side of my music.


 


 


What inspired you to write this release?


Any plans to release a video?


We are currently planning to release a music video for ‘Last Tears’ in late spring. However, I was fortunate enough to film a live video of my entire EP with the Roland US Corporation in Los Angeles, California.


 


https://www.vevo.com/watch/savvyg/Roland-Sessions/QMGR31661033


 



Any plans to hit the road?


I hope to be going on many tours throughout the year! I am currently going on the Royol Tour, which is an anti-bullying tour that goes state-to-state, city-to-city, to middle and high schools, sharing the anti-bullying message through music. I will be performing on the Royol Tour for two weeks in Denver, Colorado, starting February 12th-26th. We will be traveling to Palestine, TX from March 3rd-5th, and end in San Antonio, TX March 6th-10th.

I will hopefully be performing at SXSW in Austin, TX during the week of March 13th.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


As an indie artist, I try to brand myself and my music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there. I always try to stay true to myself, and true to what I love. I would feel very weird putting out music that I wasn’t completely myself on, or that I didn’t 100% love.


Who have you been listening to lately?


Growing up in a very music-oriented family, I have a big diversity in my taste. My playlist ranges from 30 Seconds to Mars, to Taylor Swift. From Ariana Grande, to G-Eazy. From Jojo to Linkin Park to Depeche Mode. Lately however, I have been listening a lot to Jon Bellion, Halsey, and The Weeknd.


Tell us about your passions


I love photography. I think it is amazing that a moment can be captured in a photo! I love acting as well. You can always find me watching a new movie or tv show.


What else is happening next in your world?


I hope to continue touring and keep receiving big opportunities to share my music with the world!


Thanks for an awesome interview, Savannah!


 


 


Connect with SAVVYG


Website: http://savvygmusic.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/savvygmusic/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/savvygmusic?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYHbR5W_d0IECn31rAphSTw




Genres: Pop

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts