Artist Interview: MARQUEE

Artist Interview: MARQUEE


Tell us about yourself and your music


Due to her affinity for hooks and the poetic content of her songs, MARQUEE has gained the respect of Hip Hop legends as well as R&B’s finest crooners. With the ability to create something from nothing, she mixes Hip Hop melodies, underground word play, and rock influences to create a sound all her own. Landing a major record deal in the new millennium with the group she created, Femme Fatale, MARQUEE generated a huge street buzz under D.I.T.C. which led to a label bidding war, and ended with her signing to Trackmasters under Sony.

​​Remaining low-key yet with the true roots as a dominant lyricist,MARQUEE never stopped working with an impressive list of artists and producers, touring with the greatly-respected staples of Hip Hop excellence. The Queens, New York native is known as an emcee’s emcee, with write-ups in Billboard Magazine and other industry sources. Adding to her list of accomplishments she is CEO of her company Blockshare Inc she founded in 2015 and there is so much more to come.

Who Inspires Me Then & Now

MARQUEE credits her mother Dolores as her biggest influence and supporter, who introduced her to music, encouraged her to sample records, and pushed her to keep pursuing her music.

MARQUEE’s musical influences include Queen Latifah, Nas, Jadakiss, MC Lyte, Scarface, Santigold, Azealia Banks, Sublime, Black Thought, Mos Def, Jay Z, Roy Ayers, and all the women who write and create music with integrity and love for the art form.



Talk to us more about your latest release


MARQUEE is the CEO of Block Share Inc. as well as Marquee Melodies Music Publishing, released her highly anticipated solo LP entitled Femme Fatale 6/2017 produced by the UK duo Kyo Itachi, Venom -Vigilante (Ninjustice) and Lord Finesse

Features onclude: Monifah, Crystal Johnson, Ms. Kennedy, Prince Po and Nature on

Shinigamie Records/ Marvel Records/ Ninjustice/ Blockshare.Inc

Executive produced by: MARQUEE/Venom/KyoItachi

Also writing songs, shows and doing feature projects.


 



 



What inspired you to write this release?


#MARQUEE Media:


Queens’ MARQUEE Teams Up With Nature And Prince Po For “Surviving In The Desert” From Her ‘Femme Fatale’ Album



[New Music] Queens’ MARQUEE Teams Up With Nature And Prince Po For “Surviving In The Desert” From Her ‘Femme Fatale’ Album



My inspiration for this album was my calling to release a project that was a representation of me and who I am as an artist completely unfiltered. The inspiration was freedom.


Any plans to release a video?


I am already formulating my next project, doing features and writing songs for other artists. I am working towards releasing two videos from this #FEMMEFATALEALBUM and some behind – the – scenes footage, but everything has to be on a certain level. The stage is set.


 


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPdy4BVAeLxssQQzYg19bw


 


Any plans to hit the road?


I’m looking forward to doing a European tour ideally, when the opportunity presents itself. I will definitely keep everyone posted.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


I brand myself as an authentic hip hop artist/ songwriter that delivers consistent music that represents women in music and the hip hop culture in it’s highest regard. The perfect blend of sexy, intelligent head bopping music that appeals avid listener. Im one of a kind, which makes me unique in itself. I paid my dues and it shows. I stand and deliver.


Who have you been listening to lately?


I’ve been listening to Cyhi da Prince, Roc Marciano, Azealia Banks, JunglePussy, Kendrick Lamar, Sza, Monifah, Kelly Clarkson, The Bee Gees, Big Sean. I listen to a lot of different music genres.


Tell us about your passions


Being completely grateful to God gets me out of bed every morning. The blessings on my son and my family keeps me humble. Knowing I am of service to another human being and my community is my greatest asset and accomplishment.


What else is happening next in your world?


I am writing songs for myself and other artists, doing feature projects and buliding on adding artists to my Block Share Inc moniker. There’s really so much this is a portion of what we have to work with my website marqueetheone.com is being revamped and updated as well as I’m looking a greater social media presence/numbers and all things concerned. Thank you in advance for your time. If you need anything else or have any questions please feel free to contact me.


Thanks for an awesome interview, Markita!


 


 


Connect with MARQUEE


Website: https://www.marqueetheone.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/marqueethe1

Twitter: https://twitter.com/marqueethe1

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPdy4BVAeLxssQQzYg19bw

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/marvelrecords/marquee-another-level-produced-by-venom




Genres: Hip Hop

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts