Artist Interview: Phuqswidditt/2solid ent.

Artist Interview: Phuqswidditt/2solid ent.

Tell us about yourself and your music


My name is Jerell Hester aka Burn Beno. I was born in Sacramento California and have been writing lyrics for about 20 years and been recording songs for about 15 years. Although i havent dropped an official album I have released several projects including my first fully complete project (Da Slap Factory) with my cousin Yt da Spitfactor and my childhood friend PoopE Balboa the ceo of 2solid ent. in 2011. My first solo project (Tha Gas Releava Vol. 1) was released in 2012. Since then I have been featured on a few albums and several mixtapes and released 10 independent mixtapes and a few singles including “on like me”. I come from a big family and alot of us do music. Im very serious about my art and very thankful that I had an opportunity to share my gift with the world.


 


Talk to us more about your latest release


My latest project titled Caution: Highly Flammable was released Dec. 11 2015. This is probably one of my less successful releases due to lack of promotion and few other factors. I consider myself a truely independent artist whereas, at least 90% of the work is done by me, including artwork, promotion, recording/mixing, etc. This is more of a personal preference, a few major companies reached out to me, i’m currently working on becoming more professional with my art. I dropped one single off the project “Fingas Up” featuring Carpe Diem and Kid Knoxx, can be found on cdbaby.com and the project is available on Datpiff.com for free.


 


 


https://soundcloud.com/mrhanki3


 


What inspired you to write this release?


The main inspiration of my lastest project was to keep the process going. Since my first release I dropped at least one project a year, so my main thing was to keep that going. It takes some work to drop one song let along a whole project, and I just felt the need to release some work. This is what I love to do and i plan on releasing alot more. We are in the era where its alot easier to be heard then the previous years. So if you’re an artist who wants to be heard, what are you waiting for? Time waits for no one. You can release a whole project on your phone.


Any plans to release a video?


I do plan to release alot more videos. Videos is probably the main platform i lack as an independent artist. Feel feel to check out some previous videos including “on like me”.


 



 


Any plans to hit the road?


We have plans to doing a tour for some time right now. Look forward to more from myself and 2solid ent. Pimp or Die all the ish coming soon!


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


I personally think my music cant have a specific label. Main reason is it everywhere. I purposely try to talk about all aspects of life. Negative and positive.


Who have you been listening to lately?


My main source of music comes from Pandora. Lately my station has been Yukmouth radio. I honestly feel that is/was my era but due to many problems including incarntion i missed that opportunity. My biggest miss was most likely when i didnt perform at a hood concert where artist like Mac Dre was present (rip) presented by Gp the Beast. I also missed an oppurtiunty where a chain and a record deal was offered by a major record company in the 90s.


 


Tell us about your passions


I mean just life in general. Another day. Whether “free” or not. Just knowing i got another chance at life means alot because alot didnt get to experience this day.


What else is happening next in your world?


I plan on dropping my next project on Sep 10. I missed alot of release dates previsouly but to any Burn Beno fans….. something will be released on Sep 10 or sooner. Im thankful for the support all the ish! Plus there is so much being done around me so look forward to alot more music and entertainment. Salute ArtistPro and all platforms that supports indie music.


Thanks for an awesome interview, Burn!


 


 


Connect with Phuqswidditt/2solid ent.


Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/burnbeno3

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/burnbeno

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Burnbeno

Soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/mrhanki3




Genres: Rap

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts