Artist Interview: Raine Carosin

Artist Interview: Raine Carosin

Tell us about yourself and your music


I just couldn’t cut it into the music scene in South Africa, but when I discovered what I could do on the WWW, I was A for away, and I composed and sang and recorded and had a ball! I met a lot of musicians who took me in and in particular, Graeme Robertson (VORTEXIA), whom I met at Soundcloud.com, and we collaborated for a while on a Horror Collection of Poetry to music on video, and then decided to become a duo. We call ourselves TRONADA, and it’s been a wonderful relationship over the internet.



Talk to us more about your latest release


My latest release is a song called DUST. It’s quite a story! I think I’ve captured the gist of it all in my poetry and writing and a music video on YouTube, and Graeme was most impressed with this song, and he worked long hours to come up with a great backing track, and did some vocal backing (awesome)!

The video is on YouTube and the mp3 is splashed wherever I could find an open parking space on the net!

I also published a small book about the unfolding of the song called THE LOVER & THE ONE, Pityful Wanderer at Amazon.com.

The book contains the poetry before, during and after the song was written.

It’s all about falling in love with a character in a long series and being blown away by being loved from the center of one’s core!

It’s amazing what the imagination can do, and of course, a good relationship with one’s Creator of Everything!


 



 



What inspired you to write this release?


As I mentioned, the whole story is contained in the book, which one can download from Amazon.com. The ebook is 99c US, and the paperback is a little more.

One can also catch up on the story without having the book by going to YouTube (my channel), and AllPoetry.com, etc.


Any plans to release a video?


Well, as you know, I’ve mentioned already that I did a video for the song. I had big plans for a great video, but because of my illness, I had to rely on downloading footage from the web and using that.


 



 



Any plans to hit the road?


For me, traveling is a scary option. On Reverbnation, when I first got there, I made it clear to any fans that because of my paranoia (I’m a paranoid schizophrenic), I wouldn’t be doing any concerts or stuff like that; also because I couldn’t bear the horror of anything happening to anyone along the way to coming to a live performance.

I embraced the whole fact that I didn’t HAVE to travel anywhere to showcase my music around the world, and as it was, the developments in technology allow us nowadays to stream live from our bedrooms, if we so wish!


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


For me, the question hasn’t ever been how to stand out as I believe that people’s likes and dislikes make an artist stand out, so I’ve always believed in being myself as best I can.


Who have you been listening to lately?


Lately…? Well, I listen to as much as I can from all sources! It’s a WWWwander from whatever takes my fancy, to what is new from other artists on Soundcloud and Reverbnation and YouTube and Hearthisat, to my favourite radio station MIXFM 93.8 FM, where they play my favourite types of music all through the hours!


Tell us about your passions


Frankly, a good sleep gets me out of bed… Otherwise, should I be forced, I’m cranky and miserable and am not on the right track the whole day, unless by a miracle, I’m bounced by the Universe into a good rut! Also, it helps a lot more when I have opportunities to look forward to, and with the WWW, there’s always some opportunity just waiting for me to take advantage of it!


What else is happening next in your world?


Hopefully, another day! I’m not sure. I’m kinda exhausted and pains keep me grounded more than I’d like. So, who knows, really…


Thanks for an awesome interview, Raine!


 


 


Connect with Raine Carosin


Website: http://turn-time-into-money.webs.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007198069145


YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RaineCarosin

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/rainecarosin

Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/rainecarosin




Genres: Ambient, Blues, Childrens, Dance, Experimental, Folk, Gospel, Jazz, Latin, New Age, Pop, R&B, Reggae, Rock, singer-songwriter

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts