Artist Interview: Renaud Cmela

Artist Interview: Renaud Cmela

Tell us about yourself and your music


I started writing music and creating melodies when I was very young… Songs about the cartoons or comics I would watch or read. I try to create music, sounds, lyrics that are new. I get inspired by the greats and implement it in my music and create something different. Music is about melodies and that is what I am all about. New ideas, things we haven’t done or heard before and do my best to make people happy, dance, forget about their everyday issues or make them realise that they are not alone having those feelings. I work with 2 people who help with playing instruments and arrangements.



Talk to us more about your latest release


I haven’t released anything in a while but currently working on 2 new tracks. One is an acoustic track with just a guitar and the other one is with piano only. I’ve worked on different music styles but want to go back to simpler melodies these days. I am sure my best work is still to come.

The song I am sharing today is a track called Missing and officially released 2 years ago. This is my greatest achievement to date. The song contains no letter E (as it is the letter used the most in the alphabet) and no music note E (there are some E major, flat, etc…).


 



 


What inspired you to write this release?


A French novelist called George Perec wrote a whole novel without using the letter E for the same reason. I was in school when I found out about it and thought that was a brilliant idea and needed to do the same with music and in English, being non-native. It’s like losing one of your senses and the other ones develop.



Any plans to release a video?


A video was filmed in Cork at Camden Palace in April 2014. Patrick Hughes directed it. The video was shot in one day. It is in black & white, colour “missing”. It is divided into 2 parts, the first one representing the lyrics and the second part being my own tribute to Michael Jackson, who is my idol. His makeup artist, Karen Faye, even retweeted the video at the time.

A funny part in the video, at 2min11 is that, although I “look sad”, I am actually annoyed as some people were walking around the room, delaying the filming of the video.


 



 


Any plans to hit the road?


Not at the moment.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


Innovator. I always try to find new ideas, conceptual songs and I have great ideas that I am developing at the moment.


Who have you been listening to lately?


Michael Jackson, Tom McRae, Guns N’ Roses, The Roots, John Legend, The Rat Pack, Parov Stelar and classical music mainly… A good variety of artists.



Tell us about your passions


Sport in general. Running, cycling, going to the gym but mainly because I take part in several sport events throughout the year. I don’t want to become a bodybuilder but enjoy keeping in good shape.


I also love reading or creating/writing stories.


What else is happening next in your world?


I am hoping to write and create for other musicians and artists. I can adapt to all music styles and am more than happy to take part in new, exciting projects.


Thanks for an awesome interview, Renaud!


 


 


Connect with Renaud Cmela


Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Renaud-Cmela-1464264687160319/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

Twitter: https://twitter.com/RenaudCmela

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Renocme

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/renaud-cmela




Genres: Acoustic, Dance, Electronic, Funk, Pop, singer-songwriter

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts