Artist Interview: Steve Simmons

Artist Interview: Steve Simmons

Tell us about yourself and your music


My music is story telling. I hope that I take things from everyday life and make them interesting.


Talk to us more about your latest release


My latest release is titled “Lost in Paradise”. It’s a collection of songs about fun, love, love lost and lost loved ones.


 


What inspired you to write this release?


I am always writing and, with this CD, I had a number of songs that I thought would go together well. I’ve kind of thought lately about just posting songs one at a time. I’m really more into getting the music out than selling a bunch of CDs. In this digital age, it’s pretty easy to get music out there.


Any plans to release a video?


Probably not.


 


 


Any plans to hit the road?


I used to travel Texas but I really hate booking. This year I’ll do several song swaps at my farm with various songwriters from around the state. In the I’ve had Susan Gibson, Adam Carroll, Bonnie Bishop, William Clark Green, Walt Wilkins, and a number of other great writers. I’ll probably do several charity gigs that come up, Cystic Fibrosis and Wounded Warriors.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


I hope I brand myself as a really good writer. Generally I try to entertain and hope that people hear the lyrics and can apply them to some event or experience that they’ve had.


Who have you been listening to lately?


Max Stalling, Adam Carroll, Hayes Carll, Lyle Lovett, Walt Wilkins and Houston Marchman


Tell us about your passions


People and family. I’m pretty old for this musician stuff. But I have three year old, twin grandgirls who are pretty inspiring. I still have a day job and I have children that work for me. That keeps me going.


What else is happening next in your world?


Thinking about going into the studio and recording some new songs. I’m not really thinking an album. I just want to have the songs down so I’ll have them.


Thanks for an awesome interview, Steve!


 


 


Connect with Steve Simmons


Website: http://www.stevesimmonsmusic.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.stevesimmons


Reverbnation: http://reverbnation.stevesimmons




Genres: Americana, Country

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts