Artist Interview: Peep Show Junkies

Artist Interview: Peep Show Junkies

Tell us about yourself and your music


I have been writing and singing most of my life. I Started in high school and performed my very first show in 1976 to the 8th grade graduating class at the school I graduated fro 4 years prior. We played 1 half hour set and were asked to play more but we did not know anymore songs so we played a few of the same ones again. When we finished playing a girl came up to me and asked me for my autograph and I was taken back because I was a nobody and she was there for her younger cousin who was graduating. I found her to be very cute and so I agreed to give her an autograph if she would go out with me and that made her start screaming and I got scared. When she calmed down she agreed to go out with me. At that moment I realized what I wanted to do for the rest of my life.


Talk to us more about your latest release


My latest release was this weekend. A song called “Let You Down Easy” this is a Brandon Rouge solo song featuring the guitar player from Peep Show Junkies (Bobby Lingo)


 


https://youtu.be/9H7HdYYZXgY


 


What inspired you to write this release?


Typical complicated relationship breakup and trying to let the person know “I’m gonna try to Let You Down Easy, trust me girl this just don’t please me”


Any plans to release a video?


Not at this moment?


 


https://youtu.be/9H7HdYYZXgY


 


Any plans to hit the road?


Not at this time, I need to finish writing and recording this new CD


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


In this day and age it is very hard and the music is either liked or not. When you perform live it’s like a whole other entity. Do you look good? Do the songs sound as good if not better then the recording? Is there an entertaining presents in how you perform live. Everything has been done before which niche works for your music.


Who have you been listening to lately?


I don’t listen to the radio. I listen to genre’s of music but I am truly an old school NY Rock-n-Roll guy experimenting with what comes out of my head. Someone told me that “Let You Down Easy” sounds early eighties while another person thought it sounded like The Monkeys (TV Band from the 70’s) I take the good with bad when it comes to peoples opinions of what I am doing. I try not to think about it much. I live by the moto “Send it up the flagpole and see who salutes it?”


Tell us about your passions


Besides music my passion is Photography, Watching Movies and Hanging with my wife and dogs.


What else is happening next in your world?


Writing and recording more music release a New CD both Solo & Peep Show Junkies.


Thanks for an awesome interview, Brandon!


 


 


Connect with Peep Show Junkies


Website: http://www.peepshowjunkies.com

Facebook: http://www.brandonrouge.com


YouTube: https://youtu.be/9H7HdYYZXgY


Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/brandonrouge?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav




Genres: Rock

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts