Artist Interview: Justin Faye

Artist Interview: Justin Faye

Tell us about yourself and your music


I am Justin Faye a recording artist, singer, songwriter, composer, guitarist originally from Senegal based in Denver, Colorado USA.

I grew up listening to music from different backgrounds and started imitating it. Later on i began learning how to play the guitar and that helped me learn how to compose music.

I went to UCAD University of Dakar to study foreign languages English, Spanish and French.

I have learned a lot playing with several different bands then later i embraced a music career as a solo artist. I love playing live music in both small and large venues.



Talk to us more about your latest release


I am signed to music publishing company AMG based in Toronto, Canada which is affiliated to Universal Music. They released two of my singles an EDM remix included ( Get The Kick and Diamond In The Mud ). Songs are being broadcasted on radio stations worldwide. My single Get The Kick made it to the Top 20 Official European Independent Music Chart best Rank #02 in 2016.

Now I am in the studio recording new songs with very talented International and American musicians from Boulder, Morrison, Denver, Colorado USA and Senegal.

I am going to bring very unique music, singing style as well. This project will be epic ! New songs and music videos will be soon released globally in 2017.


 



 



What inspired you to write this release?


When I wrote and composed the song Get The Kick I wanted something that can make people dance in clubs so i decided to make a Dance Pop song.

Whereas, the single Diamond In The Mud is Soul / R&B genre based on a true story.

A girl inspired the song I described the life of a girl who was going through hard times when we met.

Diamond In The Mud is an uplifting song full of message of HOPE.

Check out tracks and videos on YouTube by searching for Justin Faye.



Any plans to release a video?


After we get done recording my new singles I will of course have someone or a company shoot music videos for the songs promotion on YouTube, Vevo and other video streaming services.

A music video is crucial nowadays for the promotion and marketing of a song.


 



 



Any plans to hit the road?


I am hoping to tour across the USA first with talented musicians I have been working with as some of them tour internationally, locally and nationwide.

I am discussing with music agents about getting booked for music festivals and big venues.

However, they need to hear my new project.

What I am working on now is way better than my previous releases cause I hired very talented session musicians to take part in this record.

We are definitely taking my music to the next level ! It’s gonna be GREAT , Guaranteed !


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


As an Indie artist I use Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, hire music promotion companies to help me develop my brand.


Who have you been listening to lately?


I listen to all kind of music sometimes Top 40 artists or 80’s, 90’s music.



Tell us about your passions


Besides music I love reading worldwide news to know what’s going on in the world and read about other stories as well.

I like to learn new vocabulary on the web and watch cool and funny stuff on the internet.



What else is happening next in your world?


Achieving my DREAM is what is coming in the horizon! I can feel it happening cause the artist development process has begun a longtime ago.

Now, I am surrounded by successful international and local touring musicians who are helping me deliver a high quality record for my upcoming releases.


Thanks for an awesome interview, Justin!


 


 


Connect with Justin Faye


Website: http://www.justinfaye.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Justin-Faye-154199464632575/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/JustinFaye

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/sendingthrills/about

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/se7enfigure/get-the-kick-remix-2b

Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/justinfaye




Genres: Soul

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts