Artist Interview: Kenneith Perrin

Artist Interview: Kenneith Perrin

Tell us about yourself and your music


Music has always been a huge part of my life as a child and even now. My father plays bass. My mother plays piano by ear, so music is definitely in my DNA. I love listening to country, pop, oldies, new wave…just great timeless classic songs. Although I’m influenced by a variety of musical styles and have recorded a different number of music genres, I consider myself an inspirational pop/soul artist.


 


Talk to us more about your latest release


My latest release, “Back To Base (Remix)” is a single and a track featured on the Original Motion Picture Soundtrack- “Present of the Past”. The film was released independently last year in Austria, but I executively produced and musically supervised the soundtrack. Underlying the song is the theme that no matter how far off you feel from your beaten path, if you hold on a little longer, life can surprise you with positive outcomes.


 


What inspired you to write this release?


I wrote the song with the hopes of encouraging anyone who may be going through a tough time, while attempting to follow their dreams. Life can be pretty unpredictable at times. At any given moment, you can be homeless, loose a loved one, loose your job…anything can happen at anytime. Sometimes we are not strong enough to weather the storms, so we need to be reminded that these things are only temporary. Somehow..some way..if we continue to press on, pray, and hold on to our faith, then eventually we will make it through.


Any plans to release a video?


Yes. I am working on a video as of this writing. I am really excited about it!


 


 


 


Any plans to hit the road?


There are a series of mini-tours planned throughout the course of the year. They will be used to promote the my forthcoming album entitled, “Blind Oblivion”, along with other special music projects.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


Honestly, I am still learning how to brand myself and my music, so that I am more recognizable. What I have learned so far is that if I write and perform songs that are authentic and organic to my personality, then this builds a stronger connection to my audiences and my fans. I’m noticing more and more that as my fan base grows, the more fans identify with my songs because they see I am genuine about what I am singing about. Giving my best during my performances also makes the songs more memorable too.


Who have you been listening to lately?


Lately, my Spotify playlist has been an eccentric collection of Nat King Cole; Vitamin C; Dottie Peoples; Lee Dodington and Justin Timberlake.


Tell us about your passions


Waking up and getting a hot vanilla latte from Starbucks ?


What else is happening next in your world?


Kenneith- The Book Geek. I love libraries, so sometimes, I will spend hours on the weekends going to local libraries reading; checking out CDs & DVDs; chatting with the library staff; and buying some great used books. I find libraries relaxing and inspirational. If I weren’t a musician/singer/songwriter, I probably would be a librarian.


Thanks for an awesome interview, Kenneith!


 


 


Connect with Kenneith Perrin


Website: https://www.kenneithperrin.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kenneithperrin

Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/kenneithhperrin

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/kenneithperrin

Soundcloud: https://www.soundcloud.com/kenneithperrin

Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/kenneithperrin




Genres: Acoustic, Dance, Gospel, Pop, singer-songwriter, Soul

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts