Artist Interview: Count Drawko

Artist Interview: Count Drawko

Tell us about yourself and your music


I got frustrated with bands that didn’t work out, so I decided to go solo and do it all myself. I play all the instruments, perform all the vocals, do all my own recording, publishing, distribution, sound engineering, etc., through my sole proprietorship, Executive Record Company. I hold my own private concerts where I’m my own bouncer, and I sell my complete line of CDs on my own website where I offer 14 free Count Drawko Metal videos and 5 free Count Drawko Meditational videos: https://sites.google.com/site/countdrawko/


]


Talk to us more about your latest release


My 7th Metal album, “Revelations,” is my latest release where I unfold mysteries of religion, life, and death through detailed lyrics, intricate, driving rhythms and haunting melodies. Please sample my two videos from my “Revelations” album for a taste of what I mean: The two You Tube videos from my latest “Revelations” album that I have published are entitled “Chain of Command” and “Faith.” These videos are also embedded on my website on the “Revelations” album page for your edification and enjoyment: https://sites.google.com/site/countdrawko/


 


What inspired you to write this release?


This release was inspired by my love for awesome music and the desire to enlighten others with respect for higher powers and the forces of nature. Indeed, the title track, “Revelations,” indicates reverence for the afterlife, as “death is not the end.” The fourth track, “Holy Witch,” pays service to the One and Only True Queen Goddess, and the fifth track, “Thor Hammer,” reveres the One and Only True King God. Please feel free to listen to “Faith” and “Chain of Command” to further understanding that, although higher powers may be referred to by different names at different times by different people, the true powers of this dimension are the universal rulers of the Earth.


 


 


Any plans to release a video?


“Chain of Command” and “Faith” are two videos currently released from the “Revelations” album.


Chain of Command:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqBGlXZPS58


Faith:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfu4y4S_Yd4


Please visit my You Tube Channel and website for 12 other Metal videos and 5 Meditational Videos:


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVjoJlJRuweK7i04wLqF0ow


 


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqBGlXZPS58


 


 


Any plans to hit the road?


I hold private concerts. I charge a nonrefundable, $20 per person for each album I play. Usually, I play the metal albums: Reincarnation, Cosmic, Morning Star, Ceremony, Dead Certain, Saving the Earth, and Revelations.


 


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


I am Count Drawko. I started out as “Voltage,” I Trademarked the name but it was still pirated, so I used my artist’s name, Count Drawko. I’ve encountered some piracy, but I’m the only one man metal band for real that I know of. I brand my music as written on my site: “For Those Who Actually Listen to Music.” Play me back to back with any other artist on the same sound system at the same volume and let the truth be heard.


 


Who have you been listening to lately?


Overkill, Slayer, Megadeth, Testament, King Diamond, Mercyful Fate, Dio, Ozzy Osbourne, Black Sabbath, Rainbow, The Doors, Celtic Frost, Hell Hammer, Kreator, Motley Crue, Iron Maiden, Metal Church, Dark Angel, Exorcist, Possessed, Natacha Atlas, Arch Enemy, Bathory, Venom, Dimmu Borgir, Original Sin, WASP, Judas Priest, and Anthrax.


Tell us about your passions


I enjoy smoking and I appreciate the beauty of nature. I work to keep a balanced perspective and count my blessings….sometimes it’s easy to take things for granted and, as the saying goes, you don’t know what you got ’till it’s gone and the well runs dry. I appreciate decent food, good health, peace of mind, the mystical transformation of clouds in the sky…that sort of things.


 


What else is happening next in your world?


I am working on my 8th Metal Album, “Thy Will Be Done.” I just finished mastering the title track today and I am pleased with the results. I will soon begin work on the next tune, “Medicinal.”


 


Thanks for an awesome interview, Aaron!


 


 


Connect with Count Drawko


Website: https://sites.google.com/site/countdrawko/


YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVjoJlJRuweK7i04wLqF0ow




Genres: Metal

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts