Artist Interview: JJdaking

Artist Interview: JJdaking

Tell us about yourself and your music


My name is Eric J Jones aka JJdaking. I’m 21 and going to college to study criminal justice. Music hasn’t always been my first choice, I thought maybe football would be my ticket then I realized my true talent is songwriting and rapping. Each song I write tells a story & not too many people can understand that. I tell my story and the story of the people around me, I believe that everyone should be able to relate or at least have an understanding of what is being talked about in each song. I was adopted so I’ve never really trusted anyone and to this day will always stay to myself. I started rapping at 16 and then gave up because I didn’t see a future in it, then my friend D.A.P noticed me writing in class one day and told me he was starting a group, and he wanted me in it and I jumped at the opportunity. There were six main people: Blake, Jaylen, Tony, X, Me & D.A.P we were calling ourselves Vintage Camp. Our first song did well with the numbers and the feedback was crazy. After a while, we fizzled off as a group but we are still brothers today. Fast forward a year later I put out my first solo mixtape “First Chapter”(17) which talked about my life growing up before I got adopted and a little bit after and it did pretty good numbers for it to be my first tape. So two years later I put out “Chapter 2″(19) which was about the second part of my life through middle and high school but didn’t do the best numbers. Now 2 years later I’m dropping King of Kings “chapter 3″(21) and so far the numbers have done good on my singles but they could be a whole lot better. In time I believe the numbers will grow as my fan base grows.


Talk to us more about your latest release


My latest release “Storm” is off my tape (King of Kings) and I the story in that song is about how people look for acceptance through other people, it also talks about how people only love you when it’s convenient for them or you pass away.


 


 


What inspired you to write this release?


I wrote this song because everyone kept saying my music is too much about me and to slow, so found an upbeat type beat and figured ill write not from my perspective but as if I was talking to a younger version of myself and other young kids basically saying watch out and stay focused this world isn’t made for the weak. So make your way out of the storm.


Any plans to release a video?


Not for this song.


 



 


Any plans to hit the road?


Not any time soon but I would like to start doing live shows and showing the world what I can do.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


I brand myself as a Storyteller, I don’t call what I do rapping technically because most rappers have noting to talk about. My music stands out because of how I can switch flows mid verse also is a versatile storyteller meaning I can tell a story over any beat, and adapt to any flow. Not too many new artists can do that.


Who have you been listening to lately?


Lucas Coly, NBA young boy, GHerbo, Lil Bibby, A Boogie Wit da Hoodie, T.I, August Alsina, Chris Brown and Trey Songz are just a few people I’ve been listening to lately.


Tell us about your passions


My family is my biggest passion as I say a lot in my music, I strive to be able to tell my mom and grandma they don’t have to work or do anything anymore. I want to give my aunt and uncle a chance to see their new baby Noah grow up and become a man because now and days its hard to say who see will see 21. I want to give my other uncle the opportunity to start his many businesses starting with the gym. I just want to put a smile on the faces of the ones closest to me.


What else is happening next in your world?


As of right now, I don’t know but I will continue to grow as an artist and hopefully, my dream of being a full-time music artist can come true.


Thanks for an awesome interview, Eric!


 


 


Connect with JJ taking


Website:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100013967100249

Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/jjmusic10

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQKkjeauw6x3AR64cjvDrcg

Soundcloud:

Reverbnation:




Genres: Hip Hop

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts