Artist Interview: David DeRosa

Artist Interview: David DeRosa

Tell us about yourself and your music


I’ve been writing songs since I was about 12 years old. Always loved harmony so when the sound on sound recording finally got to my house I went to work arranging my songs. I like to think of the recording aspect as just as much of an art as the actual writing and playing of the songs. It’s where I have the most fun. I like to get other artists involved, but the songs you’ll hear are just me and my digital recorder. live performances are where my friends all get involved.


Talk to us more about your latest release


I have a new girlfriend who also writes songs and plays very well. It is a great thing to know how to express yourself in song and to share that gift with someone is for me the greatest of blessings.


 



 


What inspired you to write this release?


The latest uploads on my SoundCloud page are inspired by the loss of my wife of over 30 years. We ran a community theatre company for many years until she got sick and could no longer do that. She passed on a couple of years ago. Now I am seeing a woman I knew in high school (the songwriter). And the strangeness and the wonder and the hope of starting a new relationship all play into my writing.


Any plans to release a video?


My talent is not so much in the visual realm. I need someone who can make me look good. or, more specifically, someone who knows how to make a good video. I’m more a ‘how it sounds’ kind of a guy. so nothing on the drawing board yet. But I remain hopeful. My girlfriend and I are planning to make a video of a song that we wrote together. That promises to be a fun challenge.


 



 


Any plans to hit the road?


No tours yet. We’re just looking for local gigs to polish our act. We hope to be out this summer.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


Just good old-fashioned quality. strong lyrics, good musical composition and the best performance I can do


Who have you been listening to lately?


I listen to all kinds of music from classical to classic rock to folk and country, R & B new bands old bands. I usually let the people I’m with choosing the music as I am not that particular.


Tell us about your passions


I love to tell a story. I have three SiFy/ Fantasy books I’m working on promoting. I love being outdoors too. It inspires me to see the sun setting over the water or to hear a babbling brook in an otherwise quiet forest. I’m a tree-hugging nature lover from the age of the hippy.


What else is happening next in your world?


I am recently retired from a job with the government so my plans for the future are wide open for the moment. I hope to travel and see a bit of this big old world.


Thanks for an awesome interview, David!


 


 


Connect with David DeRosa


Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/david.derosa.50


YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Boodahdave/videos

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/boodahdave




Genres: Acoustic

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts