My thoughts..

My thoughts..

Tell us about yourself and your music


I have been playing the electric guitar since I was 16 I am now 45. and played in bands when I was younger. Now I just make music on my Logic 10 set up. Post it on SoundCloud,

fortunately, its all a hobby, so I have a day job. I use session singers on my songs. I kinda sing on rare occasions, like Mark Knopfler type of way-range.


I put my songs and rock instrumentals on Soundcloud on the off chance when I am dead one day someone or thing will discover it.


Talk to us more about your latest release


Hollywood walk of fame about people trying to make it big! – used a session vocalist to give it a lift…first liner on first verse starts…Marlon Brando to Fred astair all those glittery names that put that place there….. its a rock anthem tune, be great to play it in a stadium …sure we’ve had all those thoughts and I haven’t played live for years.



What inspired you to write this release?


My mind is full of pieces of a jigsaw puzzle and sometimes the word blows those pieces form and you get a song …for me, the tune comes first. Then you cast your net out for subject matter, just be opened minded to influences.


Describe the writing and recording process


Writing always comes after the tune. If I can’t find words I’ll make it an instrumental. Love to have the money to make a video and a proper recording studio to make my songs. I’m just settled now on the fact that logic X is the best I can be. Still, I started o a Tascam 424, 4 teak in 1997 so it is what it is…but happy with my stuff. And that’s why I do it. its a hobby. whether anybody listens or not.


Any plans to hit the road?


I’m a dad of 3, divorced split between two countries and working in a third, so highly unlikely I can see I’d ever had the situation to allow me.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


folk-rock revival album was my starting point as I consider my main influence is Dire Straits. then you take those influences and regurgitate it and it becomes your sound. Which at some point will be in fashion now or in 50 years.


Who have you been listening to lately?


Absolutely anything,  Jim diamond, Joe Fagin, Paul Simon, dire straits, Cee-lo green, Metallica, even a good 1990’s dance tune like a hadaway, Carly Simon, curiosity killed the cat, glen Campbell, pink Floyd, Nile Rodgers.


Who are your biggest influences?


dire straits, Alchemy Live from 1983, as a 15-year old I’d stand with my guitar pretending to play Sultans of swing


Tell us about your passions


aviation and music.


What else is happening next in your world?


hmmm…change that’s my life in general. if it’s bad it moves to good, and vise verse.


 


 


Thanks for an awesome interview, Folk Rock Revival


 


 


Connect with Folk Rock Revival


Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/folk-rock




Genres: Rock

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts