Marshall O’Boy & The Well Hungarians fight triple aneurism to release their 3rd album “Post Stroke”

Marshall O’Boy & The Well Hungarians fight triple aneurism to release their 3rd album “Post Stroke”

Los Angeles, CA — Friday, July 31st, 2020 — As the album name implies, “Post Stroke” is the musical journey of lead singer Marshall O’Boy as he navigates the government and medical systems’ red tape to survive. Says O’Boy, “I’m glad to tell you I have the libido a triple aneurism couldn’t kill. I was running 5 miles a day with zero medical issues; I was the guy least likely to have a stroke. From the second I regained consciousness in the hospital I knew this was a moment I would want to want to document-musically. As soon as I could find my phone, I started to record the horrifying screams of my fellow patients, thinking “what lyrics could I possibly write that would convey the terror of actual screams?”


From the first song “Alisha’s Not Here” The Well Hungarians draw us into the madhouse that is institutionalized medicine where cries for one’s nurse go unanswered. The percussion on this song is actually an MRI machine.


O’Boy continues, “From day one my Musial family jumped on board to help realize this project, including Abby Travis (the GO GOs, Beck, Elastica, KMFDM),  


plus long time guitar slingers Paul Hilton And Tony Marik .” Samples from the O’Boy produced double album “Inger Lorre Live at the Viper Room” were used reproducing the infamous punk vocalist’s chilling screams. Vocalist Pat Briggs (Psychotica, Lollapalooza) also donated his name and talents to the project.”


O’Boy explains, “What we ended up with was the most schizophrenic album The Well Hungarians have ever recorded. Lots of guitar-driven punk songs like Old Punk Rockers (Party In The Rest Home)” juxtaposed with a number of acoustic guitar-based tunes.” Countdown To Zero” conveys the feeling of a no-win scenario fighting City Hall for the return to health and the eventual head-on collision with the reality of paying the bills when newly paralyzed.


O’Boy adds, “What I most want to convey with this album is my thanks to my friends, fans, and family, without which I surely would be homeless or dead. Thanks to their help I am still the same singin’ horny Rock ‘n’ Roll Boy you have come to know and love over the years. The Well Hungarians continue to rock on! And my thanks to the crazy cute blond 25-year-old boys who continue to stop by… who knew this cane would be a boy magnet? They have given Post Stroke the double entendre the album title deserves.”


See O’Boy sing “live” in his bedroom, in his underwear for his Corona Virus Lockdown music video Collection at  www.onlyfans.com/marshall_oboy


 


###


 


ABOUT


Marshall O’Boy started singing in bands at 16 years old in New York City neighborhood bars and clubs. By 19, he received an honor award from WJJC Radio and TV where he served as a popular local DJ and talk show host ushering in a new type of broadcasting called “Cable TV.”


By 25 years old, O’Boy had moved to Dallas, Texas where he continued to perform and DJ both on radio and in popular clubs. There he joined the legendary sound and lighting company Showco. Touring with classic rock bands like Van Halen, Black Sabbath, and The Beach Boys, O’Boy earned the moniker “David Bowie’s Singing Soundman” “subbing” for the “Thin White Duke” at sound checks.


 


CONTACT


Marshall O’Boy & The Well Hungarians

Chris Sheridan

1054 s Bedford St, suite 202

3107706610




Genres: Alternative

Source: ArtistPR Music Press Release

Comments

Popular Posts