Who is Justmusic20x91?

Who is Justmusic20x91?

Tell us about yourself and your music


Well, my name is Justin and my artist name is Justmusic20x91. I was born and raised in Rockland County New York with my family. I grew up around various creative people and was exposed to many influences I have to this day making music. I sang in my local church choir and was a part of a traveling choir as well. I was a tenor. The first instrument that caught my ear was the piano. Usually, before or after service I would just freestyle with various melodies and not having a clue what was going on. Once I’d look up I would just see everyone staring at awe, clapping even some cried. That is when I knew I wanted to pursue music in some way to have that type of response again. Going into middle school Garage Band was introduced to me and I lost my mind. One day I was just messing around on the program and I heard the metronome going. I then paused the song as If I messed up my assignment. Once I played it back it was the recording of what I just played on the keyboard. When I tell you, the world flipped upside down and gold started falling from the sky all I could do was smile. I showed all my friends and teacher and he was so chill letting me make my own beats. It was so much fun making mini beat tapes and burn them onto CD’s and play them in my mom’s minivan. I felt like I made it and wanted to create more music to share with the world. Fast forward through high school and college everyone knew I made beats and would give me ideas and critique my music, some good, and others out of pocket. It was all much needed and led me to write on my music. Once I learned how to write songs and feel comfortable recorded on them, I knew I could do anything with sounds. My music is more so an experimental side as each song has certain elements of influence. My music taste is very wide and passing me the aux will either frighten you or intrigue emotions never felt before. It could range from A tribe called quest then switch up to Slipknot with a dab of Lianne La Havas. Never will I ever forget my roots of James Brown, Parliament-Funkadelic, and Mary J. Blige. All in all, with the amount of music in the world the vibes can only get better as I love everything creative and being able to express myself on various platforms musically as well as spiritually.


Talk to us more about your latest release


My latest release is more so introductory of my creations. WANDER is exactly what I did developing that project. Each song was recorded at various emotions I go through on a daily. With a mix of lyrics and instrumentals, I like to give the audience a variety to choose from. I am not a big talker, so I like to let my beats speak for me where my emotion is described by the title. For the songs I sing or write to that is more of a connection to something I feel strongly about and want to release it through verses. Wordplay and saying how I really feel and therapy in a way where others could just vibe and agree with what is going down. Even with negative comments, it inspires me to do better and go harder in the next song. Either or I know I had an influence on you for 2 to 3 minutes of your busy life to give me a replay or send off to someone else you know that can vibe with me. All is love and much appreciated. Other influences for this release just involve my curiosity about sound and its environments. Each track has its own sound and influences the atmosphere of the room, as well as inspiring others to embrace their own curiosity.



What inspired you to write this release?


What inspired me to create this release was to have a new soundtrack to ride with for the summer. One thing I like doing is creating songs and then playing them through my day. Just finding the perfect emotion and setting for each song and tweaking them later after work or going out with friends. Every song created I know the exact moment and time of my feelings and what was going on around me to develop that idea. With the way the world is there is nothing but influences around me so I can come up with anything and make it into a song. Hence the project being named WANDER. A lot of random stuff happens on a daily for me so the only way I could share it is through music. The idea of someone I’ve never known could feel what I’m putting down is the greatest feeling as an artist. One word that would describe this project is Curiosity, as well as all of the music I release to the world.


Describe the writing and recording process


The process is pretty simple and fun. The beats are always on the deck so I like writing my songs throughout my day. Either on a lunch break or even doing laundry ideas are being jotted down and put out to the people. Its not rocket science as its all about honesty and being true to myself and sounds cool to me. As of now, I record everything on my own with all of the random speakers I have to lay around the house. My process is relaxed and always open to embracing the moment and capturing it.


Any plans to release a video?




Any plans to hit the road?


It would be nice to travel but due to restrictions, it’s more so under development for a later date. But YES most definitely.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


Well, I like to embrace my randomness where nothing is truly set in stone. Having the power to influence the masses from good and bad days only opens the door for more creativity. Growing up I noticed that everyone is an artist, it’s just some “GROW UP” as others stay true to themselves. Certain dreams can’t be let go whether big or small. It is still apart of individuals being and should embrace. My music stands out where everyone could be talking about love, and then I write about my favorite food or movie someone has never seen. Mainly authenticity is important to me so when hear someone talking about a certain subject, you will know it’s me that said it, wrote, or performed it. My style has always been different and it will continue to stay that way.


Who have you been listening to lately?


I don’t even know where to start with the amount of music I have discovered recently. I’ve been working out a lot to Scarlxrd, IDK, Killstation, Alina Baraz, as well as my old school. A tribe called quest,  K-OS, Common, System Of a Down, Korn, Khruangbin, and too much more to think of.


Who are your biggest influences?


My biggest influences range from every decade you could think of. From Michael Jackson, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, Missy Elliot, Kendrick Lamar, A tribe called quest, Wu-tang clan, LL Cool J, Lords of the Underground, Three 6 Mafia, UGK, Oddisee and TOO MANY MORE to name off. Cinema has had a major influence on my creativity. To visually see things and connect them sound is the coolest thing ever.


Tell us about your passions


My passions involve anything creative. Taking a blank canvas and painting a vivid picture through sound. Even to add visuals to sound is even better to create a full-fledged gallery for people to experience. This involves reading, writing, beat making, producing, recording, painting, skateboarding, movies, food, and working out. I like helping others as well and seeing people become a better version of themselves. Whether a song I made helped you through a tough time or just a funny conversation we had in passing it feels good to know you’re not alone in this world. Once that is understood nothing is impossible. The ability to create and influence others is limitless and that is needed for true innovation as well as creativity. That is my true passion in this odd little world.


What else is happening next in your world?


What is next to come is heavy bass, weird melodies and good vibes with everything. It just time to turn this hobby into something greater than ever imagined to influence the next gem to the world.


 


 


Thanks for an awesome interview, Justmusic20x91


 


 


Connect with Justmusic20x91


Website: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn0sJNF2ceqiuedPYBGNEgQ?view_as=subscriberInstagram: https://www.instagram.com/randomlyelsewhere/Twitter: https://twitter.com/Justmusic20x91Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTATKsqk_yE&list=OLAK5uy_mv_9ejU3pMOCUCz-8ElWwf0uXXmzM_jC8&index=10&t=0sSoundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/justjust7




Genres: Experimental

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts