Lightning Hits the Globe

Lightning Hits the Globe

Tell us about yourself and your music


I’m Branden Hall, born and raised in the city of Dade. My parents, and pretty much my entire family, is from Kingston, Jamaica. I’ve only been once, however.


That one time turned me from a Jafakin to a true Jamaican I would say. I haven’t incorporated that too much into my music yet but I plan to.


I incorporate my Miami roots. You can uproot someone out of their hood but you can’t rip out the roots.


The last thing I’ll say on this is that most of my music is completely freestyled in one take. That’s why I love that my producer’s name is 1 Take.


Talk to us more about your latest release


Depending on when this interview comes out, my latest release is my debut song, under the pseudonym 4houseni99a.


This is a group I created with myself including my four rap personas, Slimy Boy Draco, Lover Boy Lightning, That’s RVN, and Lightning Scar Branden.


The song is titled Love Rack Racin. It’s coming out on all platforms on July 21st (7/21). The song is off of Lover Boy Lightning’s upcoming album, The Boy Who Lived in the Clouds.



What inspired you to write this release?


A lot is going on in America right now. It’s the perfect time to spread love and awareness.


Describe the writing and recording process


I wanted this song to be perfect in every way, so first I freestyled what came to mind as I listened to 1 Take’s beat. After I got the rhythm, I wrote out the lyrics. From there, I recorded the song with my gear from Full Sail in my car, which has amazing acoustics.


I let the song stew for a few days. I listened to it a few times, then I worked on other music. After those days passed, I went back and pitched each persona differently to sonically distinguish who is rapping at each point. The rest is soon to be in your Evolution of Rap textbooks.


Any plans to release a video?




Any plans to hit the road?


I’m performing at Los Globos in Los Angeles on August 16th, 2020, so very soon. If you dm @4houseni99a on Instagram, you can chat directly with me and purchase your tickets.


As a bonus, anyone who does this will get a custom made song for free about anything they want the song to be about.ANYTHING.


See you in my DMs and at Los Globos in Los Angeles on August 16th.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


First of all, I created a record label that includes four versions of me. My brand is highly influenced by Harry Potter, however still accessible to those with no knowledge of the Harry Potter world.


Other than that, I invest more money in my career than I save or spend on my day-to-day life. I find ways to work with others. I find new ways to market myself every day or at least every week.


The biggest thing with this topic is to not be afraid to stand out. If you blend in with the crowd, one day the crowd might drown you out.


 


Who have you been listening to lately?


My big brother Tyrell Tyler, aka Ty Law. Streetbo1. Bubba Jr. Madeyahosang. Kendrick Lamar. J. Cole. And Jack Harlow.


Who are your biggest influences?


J.K. Rowling, my dad Rainford, my mom, all of my siblings, the love of my life: Mayra (who my song Selfish Boy is about), my old professor Kevin Meehan, another young professor Laurie Uttech. And Trick Daddy. These are my influences.


Musically, my influences are Bob and Damian Marley, Will Smith, J. Cole, Tyrell Tyler, Pitbull, Streetbo1, Cardi B, and DJ Khaled.


Tell us about your passions


I like to smoke CBD a lot. It helps with anxiety. I love to play basketball (I’m trying out for the Sioux Falls Skyforce actually.)


I love to write poetry, screenplays, film music videos, and movies, as well as write for Stratum 21.


Stratum 21 is the comic my brother and I created. It’s on Webtoons. Lastly, I love to watch animated shows and movies on Fiyah.tv, which is that same brother’s platform.


What else is happening next in your world?


I’m looking to become a billionaire. I wanna join the one percent and give back heavily to the other ninety-nine percent.


I’m about to graduate from Full Sail and move to Los Angeles so I can work with Rose Studio. Check them out on Instagram at @rose.studio.


 


 


Thanks for an awesome interview, 4houseni99a


 


 


Connect with 4houseni99a


Website: https://youtu.be/2OUNqVl8OPAFacebook: https://www.facebook.com/4houseni99a/Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/4houseni99a/Youtube: https://youtu.be/2OUNqVl8OPA




Genres: Hip Hop

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts