Baron Von Hades and His Love For Music and Donner Meat

Baron Von Hades and His Love For Music and Donner Meat

Tell us about yourself and your music


well, for my music. It’s mainly Pop and Hip/Hop, with elements of Rock and Roll in there too (which can be heard from the song Fight from the Burnt, Broken, and Branded EP). most of my songs you can listen to are very bass-heavy as well, I’m all about adding aggression to my tracks. as long as I can put all my feelings and emotions in them and It’ll entertain my fan base, I’m happy. constantly making demos so when I’m able to hit the studio, It’s in and out, no time wasted and I’m able to give the fans what they want.


As for me, I like to think I’m an oddball, constantly switching personalities. one minute I’m serious then the next I’m goofing around doing stupid things like accidentally joining a Ronald McDonald’s cult, a true story by the way. In my defense, the website told me to push the big red button, what else was I supposed to do?


Talk to us more about your latest release


My latest release consists of 3 singles from an album that’ll come out soon early 2021. Past Midnight, Low Key Drinks, and Another Girl Like You.

Let’s start with Past Midnight. This one’s my favorite so far, It has a heavily distorted bass throughout the song. so heavy and distorted it can shake bass speakers to fall over. and once the chorus hits, the violins are in full effect, making the chorus and my singing sound like a choir while keeping the Hip/Hop feel throughout.


Next up, Low Key Drinks. as the name implies, It’s a low key party banger. the perfect song to get smashed too. An 808 bass beat and clap, thick vocal layers on the chorus to amp thing up and makes you wanna bop your head. what more can you get?


Another Girl Like You, this song is the most different song I’ve put out because It’s a song where I sing about actually missing a girl I knew, crazy right? Well anyway, I didn’t want to make the song sound sad or sappy, otherwise, It’d be generic. So I made the song sound happy and candy land like. I’ve also experimented with a new bass sound on this one. I mixed together two separate basses together and made these thick bass sounds which sounds really cool. So while It is a happy sounding song, It still has that hard-hitting bass that I’m known to have.



What inspired you to write this release?


What inspired me? Nearly everything inspires me!


I’m constantly listening to music from Post Malone, The Weeknd, Nirvana, King Crimson, and such. while I’m listening to their music, I listen very closely to see what little sounds are in there that makes the whole song. That inspire me to make the perfect song, EP, or album. I always do what I can to make sure what I put out is perfect so the fans and new listeners will love it. That’s what keeps me pushing to make music, even if the song doesn’t get really popular or viral, as long as the people who listen to it like what they hear, I’m fine with that.


Describe the writing and recording process


writing and producing the track is actually pretty simple for me


when I’m creating a track I’d open up my laptop, and start finding a sound to work with right away. as soon as I hear a sound I like, I start to build upon it. constantly asking myself “what can I add to this track to make it better and stand out?”. As soon as the rack is complete and I’m happy with it, I then start to write the lyrics. The lyrics come to me depending on the mood of the song and what mood I’m in. Writing lyrics is the last part for me because they’re straight from the heart and I get out all of my emotions on to the piece of paper. However, sometimes It’s not so simple, sometimes I really want to write a song, but the words aren’t good enough to put together how I’m feeling. But as soon as the songs ready, I book some studio time and start putting the vocals together, and once again I’m asking the same question from before because even some vocals can completely change a song, such as vocal layering and singing the verses in a different way. there are always so many ways to complete a song. Once the vocals are done, I get it mixed and mastered and boom, song complete.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


standing out from other artists is hard


It can be really challenging, you also got to be really patient. I share my music with my friends, I also pay for promotion such as running ads on Instagram and reaching out to people to share your music. That can make a definite difference. The music has got to stick out too, I make sure I have my unique sound of aggressive bass so people will recognize my sound, while also exploring new music to put out while sticking to the bass sounds that I like to use.


Who have you been listening to lately?


I like to switch music genres when I’m listening to music


But I have been listening to The Weeknd’s latest album After Hours. It’s an album that I relate to, living the fun life without care but deep down we’re all missing something.


Who are your biggest influences?


I have many influences


But my biggest ones are definitely Nirvana and Post Malone. I always loved Kurt Kobain’s writing style on lyrics and guitar playing, very much like relaxed aggression. As for Post, he’s constantly adding new genre elements in his music. Making Hip/Hop more varied, that inspires me to do the same and bring something new to the world.


Tell us about your passions


I have two passions, fitness, and fast food


I love to keep my body in shape because It makes me feel and look good you know? exploring new exercises to push me, and the gym looks like a big adult playground to me, so double fun.


However, I do love some big crisps and fat donner meat and chips if you don’t know what donner meat is, it’s basically strips of lamb or pork meat, VERY greasy, but VERY delicious. It’s my fitness number one enemy, but since it tastes so good it’s kind of a love/hate relationship.


 


 


Thanks for an awesome interview, Baron Von Hades


 


 


Connect with Baron Von Hades


Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Baron-Von-Hades-112172456821086Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/baron_von_hades/?hl=enYoutube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2krmAWJ598uXVYJRtQF0kQSoundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/the-hades-106698319




Genres: Hip Hop

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts