Interviews

Interviews

Tell us about yourself and your music


My name is Gabriel Bathuure aka Supastar Gaby. I was born on 7th March 1990 in the Capital city of Ghana, Accra. I started writing music and rapping at the age of 15 with the encouragement of my big brother Fabian, who was already into music at the time. With encouragement from my big brother, I got into the studio at age 15 and he helped me work on a demo for my high school music compilation. Fortunately, I was the only first-year student who was accepted on the high school music compilation. I kept working and constantly improving on my craft and after I completed high school I started singing in addition to rapping. I soon started college in the Capital city of my country Ghana, Accra. While in college I met so many musicians whom I worked with and we were fortunate to have so many underground performances including so many college events. After I completed college, I decided to record and release my first single titled dance for me, which received massive airplay from both international and local media.


Talk to us more about your latest release


My latest release is a song titled You So Wow. This song has a cool reggae vibe which promises to give you a great feel. This is a song that will get you moving to the beat and the sweet Melody. You can enjoy this song while relaxing and also while turning up or partying with your friends and family.



What inspired you to write this release?


I was inspired by a song called a cheerleader by a Jamaican musician called Omi. I had that song on rotation when it first came out and from the day I heard it, I wanted to create a song with a similar or close vibe to that song.


 


Describe the writing and recording process


There was a day I was taking a nap one afternoon at home in Accra, Ghana. And then I had this Melody constantly ringing in my head. I liked how it sounded so I started singing it out. That was when I realized I could create a song with that kind of Melody because it was so catchy. So I first started working on the chorus and I visited the washroom and was still trying to create the chorus. Before I left I had an idea, which helped me to come up with the chorus. After that, I stopped working on it. Some weeks later, I went over to my cousin’s place to spend some days with him. He was in the military and he would always leave to work early in the morning, leaving me alone. So there was this day he went to work leaving me alone and while I had nothing doing I revisited the song and I created and wrote the other verses. So when I left my cousin’s place and I got home, I wasn’t sure of the producer I wanted to work on the record. I called my friend who is also in the music industry to discuss it with him and he promised to hook me up with a cool producer. We scheduled a date and we had a very smooth recording process.


Any plans to release a video?



Any plans to hit the road?


There are plans to hit the road but for now, there are no scheduled dates. Thanks


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


As an indie artist, I brand myself as a very versatile artist who creates something different and always gets out of the comfort zone to come out with something innovative and different.


 


Who have you been listening to lately?


I listen to a lot of Eminem, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Lil Wayne, Jay Z, J Cole, The Weekend, and Meek Mill.


Who are your biggest influences?


My biggest influences in music are Bob Marley, Michael Jackson, Eminem, Jay Z, DMX, Snoop Dog, Kendrick Lamar, Drake, J Cole.        But my biggest influences in life are Pastor Chris and Pastor Biodon Lawal.


Tell us about your passions


I like doing a lot of research on the internet, working out, I am also a fan of combat sports, soccer, and basketball. Above all, I have so much passion for God and His Word.


 


 


Thanks for an awesome interview, Supastar Gaby


 


 


Connect with Supastar Gaby


Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Supastar-Gaby-592685067436380/?ref=bookmarksInstagram: https://instagram.com/supastargabyTwitter: https://twitter.com/supastargabyLastFM: https://open.spotify.com/track/74YrElo3lbdovV6UatwYTC?sib=D0qC9ZN7S56cyNw4OV1FrwYoutube: https://m.youtube.com/my_videos?o=ULinkedIn: https://open.spotify.com/track/74YrElo3lbdovV6UatwYTC?sib=D0qC9ZN7S56cyNw4OV1FrwSoundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/user-288843321/supastar-gaby-you-so-wowReverbnation: https://reverbnation.com/supastargaby




Genres: R&B

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts