The rise of Ro66

The rise of Ro66

Tell us about yourself and your music


Although I love every musical genre, some of my early Hip-hop influences included Big L, 2pac, Nas, and Wu-Tang. I started my label, Two66 Entertainment early of 2020 and releasing my first EP to the world August 28th. I am a true Independent artist who does everything myself from beats to cover art and pr/marketing defining the term “one-man band!” Be sure to be on the lookout for Ro66 in a city near you!


Talk to us more about your latest release


My latest release is called “2 Pac.” Everyone needs a great summer song to dance and vibe to, that was my idea behind it, all the while still wondering who shot 2 Pac! Uptempo beat with great lyrical delivery, 2 Pac is sure to be a classic.



What inspired you to write this release?


Growing up I was very inspired by 2 Pac and many others. Not fully understanding his death, it has always been a mystery for a lot of fans. While making the beat for this song one thing stood out in my head, 2 Pac. Writing the lyrics, I was able to find a way to blend his mysterious murder with a great dance track.


Describe the writing and recording process


I usually start with the beat. Once I have a good tempo, baseline, and high hat to go off of or something lyrically jumps out at me, I will loop the simple beat and start writing. I recorded the hook first and then started writing the rest of the song. From there I customized the rest of the beat to my lyrics and mix/master the vocals to the way I like.


Any plans to release a video?




Any plans to hit the road?


I have the pleasure of opening up for Gucci Maine and Rod Wave this September the 19th at Kentucky Powerfest. This will definitely be one to mark on your calendar now! After that, sky’s the limit and I will be interested in seeing who contacts me in the near future.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


I honestly feel like I’m one of the few artists left still doing everything themselves as a true independent artist should. From beats, to lyrics, cover art, production and promotion everything is 100% original. I am a force to be  reckoned with.


Who have you been listening to lately?


Chinx (RIP), SAINt JHN, Belly, Doobie and Krash Minati, Lil Baby, Jack boys just to name a few in hip-hop/rap. I have a very wide range of music, I mostly listen to Reggae!


Who are your biggest influences?


My children, they are the absolute best and I would never be as far as I am today without them!


Tell us about your passions


I’m a Chef and Internationally certified personal trainer so I love food and fitness.


What else is happening next in your world?


Buying a house this year is at the top of the list. After that, I will be investing in real estate and other locally owned businesses.


 


 


Thanks for an awesome interview, Ro66


 


 


Connect with Ro66


Facebook: http://facebook.com/ro66513/Instagram: http://instagram.com/ro66_513/Twitter: http://twitter.com/crobbajrYoutube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAAOID7nauWjmycbjLeXhRwSoundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/ro66_513




Genres: Hip Hop

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts