Live with Links

Live with Links

Tell us about yourself and your music


My name is Links aka ‘hardtolink’ and I’m based out of Orlando, FL and I’ve written and deeply into music since I was 11 years old, then at the age of 16 is when I first heard myself on a microphone. I put my first EP out to the world in Sep. 2009 called, ‘The Movement In The Making”, which was a 5-Track Disc. After I finished serving in the US Air Force, I moved to Orlando in Summer 2011 to take this music thing serious and attended Full Sail University, which is where I obtained my Bachelor’s Degree in Audio Engineering. While going to school, I became proactive in the state and at my first show in Miami and was given a contract with “Slip N Slide Records” based out of Miami, FL which was a great learning experience at that stage of my career. I would describe my music is like Therapy in a club, lol, with the diverse punchline and storytelling deliveries. I am a passion-driven music artist exposing my gifts, vision, emotions and life experiences through music, and since there is ‘nothing new under the sun’, my listeners will be able to take something away and emotionally relate in some form. I’ve released (1) Album in 2014 called, “The Struggle”, with Tate Music Group that can be found on all major music platforms. My upcoming project, “The Struggle Is Over (TSIO)” is set to release in the first quarter of 2020 on all major platforms, with (3) Singles already released..just goto Artists and type in LINKS.


Talk to us more about your latest release


My latest release was the third Single off of my upcoming project TSIO called, “Bad Energy”, which was followed up by a music video shot Downtown Orlando and surrounding parts. It was featured in many online magazines and a California Radio Station in Los Angeles earlier this summer.



What inspired you to write this release?


‘Bad Energy’ is a song that I wrote while I was in San Diego, CA in 2016 while visiting family, and as I was reflecting my life over the last five years, the road traveled, and where I was at mentally at that time…I was energetic, happy and just wanted Positive Energy around me from that point forward, so I wrote a song about it!


Describe the writing and recording process


Well, the writing process with this record came to me so natural that it nearly fell out of the pen onto the paper by itself. I mean, when I was writing it, I just took a trip down memory lane of the journey and found out what all of my downfalls along the way had in common, Bad Energy, which is how the title came out. Once I knew my topic, I wanted to generalize the chorus and make it something the listener can’t forget and possibly sing along with, while using my past emotions to grasp the listener’s emotions of something that every human has endured. After I compiled the chorus, the song was 50% complete, all I had to do at this point was precisely detail both verses with some of my past experiences and swag out the intro/outro. Unlike the majority of my songs, this one here was completed that same day, about 4–6 hrs total.


Any plans to release a video?




Any plans to hit the road?


As a matter of fact, YES. I have a few show opportunities coming up Dec. 21, 2019 at the Venue, Miami Live, which is heightened Showcase of upcoming artists with an energetic crown on the strip. I have two more opportunities on Jan. 09, 2020 at eh “Abby”, and then Jan. 17, 2020 at the “Henow Contemporary Center”, which both are here in Orlando, FL. Lastly, about two weeks ago, I received an invite for an opportunity to go on a 100-City tour with “The Extreme Tour” in 2020, which are a diverse community of creatives. Poets and musicians, artists and athletes. Advocates and activists. Performers and communicators of all kinds. Bringing more than a show. Messengers bringing more than a mantra or manifesto. The “scrap masses.” A motley crew. Often battle scarred and broken… but, as we come together, stand together, and serve together; a beautiful diversity.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


I like getting interpersonal with each and every one of my fans, so I normally contact them directly, using there name I know them by to make the interaction more Ginuwine. I’ve learned that ‘Giving More to Receive More’ actually works, so 20$ of my merchandise are for free be’s and giveaways, raffle picks, and for the most hype fan at my shows. I can tell that my fans love it when they can tell, and feel, natural passion and positive energy in what I’m doing.


Who have you been listening to lately?


Honestly, I’m a Creator, so I’m too busy creating music for the most part. Taking a glance at my Spotify, you can catch me jamming my Frankie & Beverly Maze (on repeat), Marvin Gaye, a Jazz Playlist, some Nipsey Hussle, 90’s/early 2000s Hip-hop, and my unreleased music. But lately this year, I’ve been giving my ear to some of the new age rappers a bit and giving them an actual listen.


Who are your biggest influences?


Some of my biggest influences consist of artists such as Marvin Gaye, LL Cool J, Tupac, T.I., Lil Wayne, BIG, Juelz Santana, 504 Boyz, Big Tymerz, David Banner, Andre 3000. Mainly, artists that I grew up to before I became an artist myself and locked myself in the studio 25/8.


Tell us about your passions


If I told you it was music, would you believe me, haha, but nah, on a serious note I have a huge passion for helping people. That’s the reason why music is my vehicle, as it heavily influences this generation. I want to mentally let them know that they are not alone and they too can pull through, endure, and make it through their troubling situation, as I put my experiences and where I’m at now as the walking proof.


What else is happening next in your world?


I would love to elaborate exactly what’s happening next in my world, but then you wouldn’t be on the edge of your seats with suspicion, now would you? What I can say is, 2020 will be the year of LINKS, but I can show you better than I can tell you, so head on over to www.links-music.com and subscribe so you can get all of my latest updates on music, videos, special incentives for subscribing, my tour schedule so you know when I’ll be in your area, and much more. See you ‘On the Other Side’!


 


 


Thanks for an awesome interview, LINKS


 


 


Connect with LINKS


Website: https://www.links-music.com/Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hardtolink/Instagram: https://instagram.com/hardtolinkTwitter: https://www.twitter.com/hardtolinkLastFM: https://www.last.fm/user/hardtolinkYoutube: https://www.youtube.com/user/hardtolinkLinkedIn: https://linkedin.com/in/quinnshaw/Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/hardtolinkReverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/hardtolink




Genres: Hip Hop

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts