Talking about Midnight Prayers EP with Longliveadamariz

Talking about Midnight Prayers EP with Longliveadamariz

Tell us about yourself and your music


I started writing songs when I was just 14 years old. I was inspired by years of having my headphones which led people to refer to me as the girl who alway has headphones in. I was also inspired by seeing my grandma who I constantly saw writing songs as a kid. Her recent passing has inspired a lot of my releases this year including the Midnight Prayers EP. My music is mainly inspired by real life experiences, many are my own life stories. My main goal is to be an inspiration to the youth and be a voice for those who feel voiceless. I also want people to keep the faith and for my fans to never feel like they are alone in their battles.


Talk to us more about your latest release


The Midnight Prayers EP is an EP about prayers that I’ve made this past year. The first prayer starting at midnight with track 1, I rap about my grandma, my dad, and then COVID. I describe how they’ve all impacted my life each with their own verse. In track 2 I go into depth on how bad friendships have turned me into a fake friend at some point. I don’t necessarily blame them but I do admit to my fakeness as well as call out others for theirs too. In track 3, I ask God to simply give me energy to continue to fulfill my purpose that He has for me. I end the EP with The Last Prayer. In this track, I rap about how badly I want to make music my career. I ask God to do his will with this release or I would not release any further music. The EP ends with an echoing gunshot, symbolizing the end of the introduction of longliveadamariz the album #2.



What inspired you to write this release?


A lot of obstacles that hit me this year helped me grow. Although those things could’ve kept me down, I chose to get up and continue to work on my craft. My last release “Oceans Remix” was such a hit, and a song in which I was extremely vulnerable, made me realize that writing about subjects such as giving up but finding the courage to keep going is what I’m best at. 


 


Describe the writing and recording process


While writing this release, I was really just venting a lot of pent up emotions that I had yet to talk about. I find music extremely therapeutic and writing these songs came easy. Track 4 for example was written and recorded that day, and was a last minute addition to the EP. The longest part of making that track was mixing and mastering it. Track 1 was a little trickier due to the sampled hook, I kept altering my chorus and ended up with the shortened version that you’ll hear on the release. Track 2 was actually the first track to be completed and the easiest overall to write, record, and mix. Track 3, I kept coming back to lengthen the verses due to not being long enough when recording. Overall, the release was super easy and was made in a total of 2 weeks. I also recorded a Behind the Scenes YouTube video of the making of the EP, where I showed my progress half way through the creation and finalization of the release.


Any plans to release a video?




Any plans to hit the road?


As of right now, no. I’m doing a few private shows & am open to accepting more in the Houston area. 


 


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


I recently took a break from social media, while recording Midnight Prayers EP, and during that break I actually rebranded and thought a lot about my image and how to stand out. I currently have a new merch line collection coming out later this month, & I’ve decided that my brand colors are black, yellow, & white with a hint of blue. I chose black because a lot of my beat selection/production is pretty dark. Yellow represents the happiness & hope that I want fans to feel after listening to my songs. White represents a fresh start, I want every single, EP, and album to be its own story yet be intertwined. The hint of blue refers to a blue phase that I went through from July 2019 to August 2020.


 


Who have you been listening to lately?


A lot of music honestly. I guess you could say I’m still the girl who always has headphones in. Mainly I’ve been listening to Paris Chariz & NF. Along with a few other artists that actually inspired the EP. I go more into depth on the lines that were inspired in another YouTube video I made.


 


Who are your biggest influences?


It’s hard to find influences nowadays, & I feel like God and myself are in the top 2 spots. I feel inclined to be an inspiration to myself every day. I have to be the one that motivates myself to keep going. Other than that, artists like WHATUPRG, Andy Mineo, and Lecrae are truly phenomenal. RG & Andy taught me that it is okay to show a vulnerable side of yourself and still inspire people. Andy, taught me to always choose unique beats. Lecrae has taught me storytelling.


 


Tell us about your passions


Each morning I wake up, which I usually struggle to, I remember that their are people out there who could be touched by my music and inspired. Besides music & inspiring, I just overall love creating. I design A LOT! From my own cover arts, to merch, my own ads, editing YouTube videos. Although it’s mainly creating stuff for my music, creating is an outlet that also seems to soothe me. 


 


What else is happening next in your world?


As I had mentioned earlier, I have new merch dropping title the “LLA Collection”, which is a few pieces I designed with my name “longliveadamariz” on it but in many unique ways. Other than that, I plan on possibly announcing LONGLIVEADAMARIZ the album PT. 2 in movie form. 


 


 


 


Thanks for an awesome interview, longliveadamariz


 


 


Connect with longliveadamariz


Website: https://longliveadamariz.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/longliveadamariz/

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/longliveadamariz/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/lladamariz

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWtZq_KOtkGL4lF49RNUJFA

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/longliveadamariz




Genres: Hip Hop

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts