Artist Interview: Prophet Jay

Artist Interview: Prophet Jay

Tell us about yourself and your music


Im a young kid raised in Seattle for most of my life. I grew up in a family that I love but led me to move out of my house at sixteen years old. Friends throughout my life would take me in. Most on what people call the streets, which got me into rap and hiphop with a little bit of a past I regret, but voice through music so I can help those who helped me.


Talk to us more about your latest release


My latest release was Salvation, which is defined as getting saved from loss. This is how I would describe the album cause I talk about the courage and risk it takes in this life, but it is worth it to push with no fear. Relating these to experiences in my past with women, people, marijuana, and the trials of life.


 



 


What inspired you to write this release?


I grew up with Aspergers, which has had a negative effect on my social skills making music my outlet. Ive always had headphones in my ears, but also having family (friends) who lived a street life style made me drift towards the rap voice. I loved politics and law, but moved on because I see societies problems are social. Music is a voice that I would like to use to help people towards a better way, because my trials led me to music as did it Bob Marley. Guide people to love cause as i’ve learned through my broken family, illegal mistakes, and selfish regrets I wanna live Bob Marley’s philosophy through rap


Any plans to release a video?


I have youtube videos with my album on all of them, but I would like to wait until I am seeing some live stage time before I make a video. Its the next step I need to make in my music career.


 


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvDhwJabhNYxqzsKpNZfQFg


 


Any plans to hit the road?


Hopefully that is the next step in my career. I would like to start my music career and move down the west coast.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


I mean we all wanna say we are unique thats why I wanna point to my music. My music is Bob Marley, religious, street life, inspired rap with a country, inner city kid with Aspergers. I mean I really can hit every area of a crowd because I hit every crowd with a voice that really has a well rounded reality. I think people can hear it in my music and hopefully in my lyrics.



Who have you been listening to lately?


Dizzy Wright

Wiz Khalifa

King Lil G

MGK

Cody Johnson

Berner


Tell us about your passions


As I help grown up like most life kinda gets to us sometimes, but I stay optimistic and always try new things. I love rodeos, skateboarding, fishing, soccer, cars, hunting, and kush. Not all my passions, but few major ones that help the day stay good.


What else is happening next in your world?


Next for me establishing my music career. Hopefully starting with a few calls for bookings or maybe even learning some more about the music to really make my music what it can be.


Thanks for an awesome interview, Jennings!


 


 


Connect with Prophet Jay


Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Prophetjay/?ref=bookmarks

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ProphetJayCoded

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvDhwJabhNYxqzsKpNZfQFg

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/prophet_jay_coded




Genres: Hip Hop

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts