Artist Interview: Mr. Hilton

Artist Interview: Mr. Hilton

Tell us about yourself and your music


I was born and raised in Mississippi and now I am currently living in Houston Texas. As a teen I use to always play around with lyricks but nothing serious because I was mostly into sports specifically basketball. I grew up listening to biggie and tupacs and Scarface and would constantly reiterate their lyricks as If i wrote it. I wrote my first 16 bars just playing around one day and my brother June Bug was like man that Sh@* is dope. We recorded my first track ” On My Block” and from there I knew that I could keep on doing this. I enjoyed my time in the studio of working and creating music and felt that I should reach out to people if i was to take this a little serious. I linked up with a brother from New York ” Nino” and we have been working continuously on planing my next project and putting out music.


Talk to us more about your latest release


As of now I have been doing a bunch of collaborations and networking with artist. I have a project yet to be named that will be dropping in Late November. I have a couple of single out now ” Kaepernick ” and ” Flower Bomb” which I am currently putting a video together for


 



 


What inspired you to write this release?


I am a football fan so I was intrigued about the whole “Kaepernick” situation that I played around with some lyrics and put this track together


Any plans to release a video?


Yes, I have a album that I am working on now and I’m looking for its release in November. My team and I are orchestrating visual to two of the songs off the EP.


 


 


Any plans to hit the road?


Tours and concert dates are to be determined at a later date.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


I just really try to be myself, I am very comfortable with enjoying myself as a artist first, there is no pressure just focusing on creativity



Who have you been listening to lately?


DMX

Ludicriss

Lil Wayne

50cent


Tell us about your passions


The grind!! I love the grind don’t get me wrong there are days when I want to stay in bed for a few more hours but I know while I’m taking time off, there is somebody working just as hard or harder than me…


What else is happening next in your world?


I would like to do some film if I can, I was thinking of taking some acting classes


Thanks for an awesome interview, Milton!


 


 


Connect with Mr. Hilton


Twitter: https://twitter.com/iammrhilton

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Gyom9HT0sk&index=1&list=PLLRQyto-4gXvk5MCMsHrAhxOeflXYYin4

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/miltonhilton




Genres: Hip Hop, Rap

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts