Artist Interview: The James Israel Band

Artist Interview: The James Israel Band

Tell us about yourself and your music


I was a relative late-comer to playing music, having my first lesson in my second year in college. I only took three lessons, finding it more fun and actually easier to learn simply by jamming with people. Been playing and writing ever since.


Talk to us more about your latest release


It was a fun CD to record. The band features two female lead players, a rather rare occurrence: a naturally-talented lead guitarist named Susan Kasper, and an excellent keyboardist named Carrie McNabb.


 



 


What inspired you to write this release?


Life is full of twists and turns, emotionally, relationship-wise, as well as in the world around us. I just write what comes to me. I don’t like to force anything, I write when the muse inspires me.


Any plans to release a video?


I released a video not long ago, fit to an older recording, because I felt the song was really right for the times: “Wake Up (from the American Dream).” I would love to do more videos, but not sure when that will happen.


 



 


Any plans to hit the road?


Staying close to home right now, playing in various pubs, coffeehouses and outdoor venues.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


I confess I don’t put a lot of energy into promoting myself. I need a promoter/manager! The business side of music bores me, I just want to play and write!


Who have you been listening to lately?


I like a wide variety of music, and love to discover new stuff. I listen to certain internet radio stations, Radio Paradise being one of my favorites. I like The Waterboys, Iron and Wine, Beth Orton, Richard Thompson, and of course, more classic acts like Peter Gabriel, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, CCR, Talking Heads, The Cranberries, and so on.


Tell us about your passions


I love nature, and love to hike. I also play basketball at a local gym, my favorite form of exercise. I’m into politics and political humor, and even publish a political satire magazine called the Humor Times.


What else is happening next in your world?


Trying to help save the world from fascism and climate change, continuing to play music, and loving life!


Thanks for an awesome interview, James!


 


 


Connect with The James Israel Band


Website: http://www.facebook.com/JamesIsraelBand

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JamesIsraelBand


YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9Q-dvWeuQOQjxYlAoGW7ow

Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/jamminjames

Reverbnation: http://www.reverbnation.com/thejamesisraelband




Genres: Acoustic, Americana, Country, Rock, singer-songwriter

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts