Artist Interview: Gilda fasanella

Artist Interview: Gilda fasanella

Tell us about yourself and your music


I grew up listening to music since my childhood, because my family used to play and sing. My grandfather, for example, played mandolin, my grandmother sang very well. My uncles played piano, accordion, guitar. So when I was 6 years old, my dad won a guitar in a draw. Luckily my neighbor was a guitar teacher. So, that’s how it all started.


Talk to us more about your latest release


I play and sing at parties, pubs, and teach music in a school for kids and teens.


 



 


What inspired you to write this release?


Unfortunately I lost my son, 5 years ago, and because of my sadness, I wrote the song “Bring My Breath Back”


Any plans to release a video?


Yes. For the middle of this year I will do many videos teaching and showing my work.


 



 


Any plans to hit the road?


Not now. But we are thinking about playing bossa nova song in Europe.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


Well, I’m not worried about it because I imagine that if I am playing and singing what I love, and I if my feelings are real, it Is a natural way to make people like and enjoy that song.


Who have you been listening to lately?


Ivan Lins, John Legend, Rosa Passos, João Bosco, Diana Krall, Djavan, Tom Jobim. Stevie Wonder.


Tell us about your passions


Simply the fact of being live. I thank God everyday for every minute of my life.


What else is happening next in your world?


I’ve just got married to a person that was my guitar teacher in the past and also my idol, Jorge Pinheiro Cordeiro. It seems like I’m dreaming. It’s wonderful the possibility to live music the whole day with a person who talks the same language as me.


Thanks for an awesome interview, Gilda maria!


 


 


Connect with Gilda fasanella


Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gilda.fasanella


YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gilda+fasanella




Genres: World Music

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts