Artist Interview: Ewtonio

Artist Interview: Ewtonio

Tell us about yourself and your music


Well, I started music around the age of five. My stepdad had put me on to a couple artist like Jay-z, Nas, Dmx, Em, and I took to it. I fell in love with the aggressive vibe and stories told of my people and the life we live. It took me places, opened up the hidden ambitions I had to be somebody. I think you can hear a lot of that in some of my music. The rawness. The pain. My music is the best description of me, because like my music, I’m straight to the point, I don’t subliminally talk about my problems as if I wonder if I have any. it’s more of a recognition of how I feel exactly and is told in no other way but the truth.


Talk to us more about your latest release


My latest release was a self-mixed track of my current state of life. Its called ELYSIUM. I did this track to a Castillian beat. I’m not selling it because I don’t own the beat but its free to the public to hear. I kinda give an inside to the dark mind I have. at this time in life, I had felt like there was no saving me from the demons that fought for my soul. I felt like the deeds I had committed in life… the ones I regret. would be my damnation and god would not forgive me. that’s why I was out there selling dealing with the devil, I felt that was my destination.



What inspired you to write this release?


I kinda give an inside to the dark mind I have. at this time in life, I had felt like there was no saving me from the demons that fought for my soul. I felt like the deeds I had committed in life… the ones I regret. would be my damnation and god would not forgive me. that’s why I was out there selling dealing with the devil, I felt that was my destination. I wanted to give the feel of paradise in hell because the beat can almost take you to place of serenity. but when the words hit you and the vibe smacks you .. you’ll feel as if you walk in with the devil yourself. and life is a bliss. and people will also say its hell on earth. so I figured ELYSIUM was the perfect title.


Describe the writing and recording process


I actually went into the studio by myself, rolled some herb, turned off the lights, and let the beat play. I freestyled the hook. there were like 4 different ones. had to get the perfect message. I then turned off the beat and wrote to the snare sound in my head, came up with the dope flow in my head and put my life to it. recording it was simple. what was harder was mixing. I mix all my stuff and I don’t really understand the concept .. I know it supposed to sound clear though. lol.


Any plans to release a video?


I do plan on releasing a video to a three-track project ill be dropping January 1st, about my ex Tatiyana. Reel_Dope did the filming.


Any plans to hit the road?


yea, actually well start in SXSW and tour different cities on our way home. currently adding people to the list though so stay tuned!


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


uhm brand? I don’t have one at the moment, I’m currently still in the building phase of what exactly I want to be.


Who have you been listening to lately?


I barely listen to anyone. keeps me from being influenced by anyone. But the artist who I do listen to when I’m not enjoying the silence is Deem Spencer, Jack Harlow, Smino, Saba. they make the type of music for people like me.


Who are your biggest influences?


drake, j cole, Kendrick. just because when I started to take this music thing seriously. these are the guys I looked to. now I listen to a lot of unsigned hypes.


Tell us about your passions


lol, nothing. music is it. I always question whether ill makes it. because I don’t play an instrument or produce, and can barely sing. but then I play the trendy shit of today and I’m like NAW lol.


What else is happening next in your world?


hopefully ill be getting to see my son. I and the mother of my child aren’t on good terms so. wish me luck. oh! and SXSW. don’t forget that.


 


 


Thanks for an awesome interview, Ew


 


 


Connect with Antonio


Twitter: https://twitter.com/ewtonioSoundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/percsofawallflower/e-l-y-s-i-u-m




Genres: Hip Hop

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts