Artist Interview: Dredoe B

Artist Interview: Dredoe B

Tell us about yourself and your music


I’ve been involved with hop since the early 90’s. I fell in love with music at an early age listening to Run DMC, LL Cool J ect. I started off freestyling at the park on 8mile in Detroit. Now I write music that people can relate to, make sense, and and put you in a good mood. I touch on many subjects, and my style changes throughout, meaning you won’t hear just one type of flow. I also write R&B songs for other artist, hooks, and verses for other rappers as well.


Talk to us more about your latest release


My latest release is called March Madness. This track explains how hard I will be playing for myself, and my fans this year on out. The idea came from how hard each team in the college tournaments play to win throughout the month of March. The track contains metaphors, punch lines, and straight up lyrics, you will love the word play.


 


What inspired you to write this release?


I felt like the industry was shying away from straight lyrics, and word play from the artist. I wanted to give a touch of that, while keeping up with the time change in hop (staying relevant). I wanted to make listeners say wow, this guy has rhymes.


Any plans to release a video?


I do have plans to release a video for this track. I want this video to be a lot of fun, creative, with adults, children, and gorgeous women included. This will inspire other artist, and people in life to go hard towards your goals. I mean go real hard, and ball like March Madness.


 


Any plans to hit the road?


I plan to travel more this summer of 2017. For the moment I am doing shows in the area of my home town Detroit, but if someone book me in their city, or town, I will be there. My next show will be 2/23/2017 @ Bleu Nightclub, downtown Detroit, MI @ 9:00p.m.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


I believe I stand out of brand myself by being myself. I dress nice, and get along well with others. I don’t act like I’m a big shot. I am also well spoken, and I interact with my fans. As far as my music standing out, I switch my style every few songs, and I think how can I make something people will like that’s catchy, and most I’d all sounds different.


Who have you been listening to lately?


Lately I’ve been listening to the artist that came out in the 90’s. Many say that I would fit right in with names such as Fabolous, Drake, Big Sean, and Jewels Santana. I’ve been listening to artist like Rae Sremmurd, Jeezy, Jadakiss, and Young M.A.


Tell us about your passions


My passion is to be successful for my children, so that I can lead by example. I have many ideas, and I feel like the world needs to see, and hear them. I really want to be in a position to help others, I am a giving person.


What else is happening next in your world?


I am finishing up school. I will have a bachelor’s degree in Broadcasting Arts by the year 2018. I don’t just make music, I write scripts, act, and can do all of the pre production, production, and post productions things for TV/Film. I also have experience as a Disc Jockey (DJ), on air talent for radio. I have big plans for the near future, and I will accomplish every task on my agenda.


Thanks for an awesome interview, DeAndre!


 


 


Connect with Dredoe B


Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DeAndreDredoeWelch

Twitter: https://twitter/dredoe313

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/dredoeb

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/dredoeb




Genres: Hip Hop, R&B

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts