Artist Interview: Chapman

Artist Interview: Chapman

Tell us about yourself and your music


I was born and raised in Kenya, moved to United States in 2011 just like many immigrants I came looking for greener pastures. What is even more interesting about me moving to the United States is the fact that I had only $100 in my pocket with a bag full of old clothes. Since I came I have been working extra hard to make it in life and that’s where my music comes into play. Ever since I was young, I have always been in love with music. I grew up listening to mostly Reggae and HipHop. Music to me has been like food to my soul and I have been writing poems trying to tell stories but again make it all entertaining. Because of the exposure to different cultures and genres of music, my music cuts across many genres. I don’t only limit myself to Reggae music or Dancehall music although I consider myself a dancehall artist, you will hear from my various songs I have they are some from different genres like RnB, Hiphop, Reggaeton etc. I have songs from love songs, inspirational songs, club songs, street songs, some songs have gun lyrics in them and some are unedited versions not for radio. I wanna share my story to the world, I wanna give them something original with no filters in it just saying things as they are. Now that I would love to have so many fans worldwide to ride with me in my musical journey, I keep on writing everyday and at least record 3 songs every single day so that they never run out of new music from me but again as they will notice with time, my style will keep on changing so that I can be able to keep up with new trends


Talk to us more about your latest release


My latest release is a song called “We Good”. It’s basically a club song which is talking about how my friends and I are living a more comfortable life than how we used to live. Through hard work and dedication, we now able to make money and live the life we have always wanted and can afford the material things we used to admired. We are not there yet but we are good.


 



 


What inspired you to write this release?


I was in the studio with my friends listening to this track I was sent by one of the producers I work with from Belgium as we were talking about life, how far we have come in life and it just hit me right away that we are good and decided to make a chorus with the words “We Good” in it. From the chorus it became even easier to write the verses since I was writing about what money has enabled us to do these days, how accessible things have become these days and of course I did not forget to mention how many people now hate on us just because we able to make some money.


Any plans to release a video?


There are so many videos I am working on right now, my fans should be on the look out. They will know ones they are ready for release


 


 


Any plans to hit the road?


I’m currently working with a new team and tour date, time and locations will be posted in all my social medias as soon as we finalize everything


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


My unique style and sound, my ability to use Patwa in my music but still make it possible for any English speaking person to understand exactly what I am saying. Being able to sing about various topics in my music that affect people in our day to day life makes my music even more powerful.


Who have you been listening to lately?


I love Vybz Kartel music. I listen to all of his music, he is the most lyrical dancehall artist of our time and very influential in my opinion but I still listen to big artist like Mavado, Popcaan, Alkaline, Aidonia, these are all dancehall artist and many more. I do listen to Drake, Future and Migos too.


Tell us about your passions


I love reading a lot. I read to get informed, get more knowledge to be able to write exactly what my fans can relate too. I also read to have enough vocabularies to use in my music. So everywhere I go I never miss a book with me or my tablet and reading in the morning I think is the best way to start your day. I love cartoons too. I can wake up in the morning just to laugh at the silly things in the cartoons. Laughing makes you look younger and increases your life span.


What else is happening next in your world?


I have so many projects I am doing, I would want my fans to be a part of my clothing line and maybe in the near future open up a charity organization for the needy all over the world. Everything will be up dated to my fans and followers as soon as they are all ready.


Thanks for an awesome interview, James!


 


 


Connect with Chapman


Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/chapmanmuziq/

Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/chapman_muziq

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC8f9AeZb3EhMyoR2xpta5Q

Soundcloud: https://www.soundcloud.com/chapman-14

Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/chapman6




Genres: Reggae

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts