Artist Interview: Byron

Artist Interview: Byron


Tell us about yourself and your music


. I am 66 years old, and I work in the fields of art, music, and writing. I have had exhibitions of my art in galleries and museums throughout the United States. I have three books now on Amazon and B&N as well as a few independent book stores. My nonfiction book, Chosen: Chronicles of an Alien Abductee covers my experiences of over fifty years in being visited and experimented on, by alien beings. One of the sources of inspiration for my music has been alien music which I heard during meditation.


I am a fourth generation Texan, and a fourth generation abductee. My Great Grandfather, George W. Lacy, came to Texas from Ireland in the 1850’s. He and his two business partners donated the granite to build the state capitol in Austin Texas. He and his brothers started a dog breed, the Bluer Lacy, which is now the state dog of Texas.


I was in a band in high school, and after we worked for over a year and learned over a hundred songs, played our first gig, and then broke up over power issues in the band. I was in another band in 1981 and the same thing happened. But in 1981 I bought my first synthesizer, actually it was for my wife at that time, but I would jam on it, just playing notes and pretend chords, but with feeling. I didn’t know how to play keyboard. The other band members were surprised that they really liked what I did. They said it had the look and feel of a song, sounded like a song, but at the same time, it was just sounds made with purpose.



Talk to us more about your latest release


This is a link to my newest release on soundcloud, Visitors from Zeta Reticuli. https://soundcloud.com/user-962939863/visitors-from-zeta-reticuli

I design all of my covers, being an artist, and so I wanted to convey the fear of visitation that many abductees experience, especially women who are used in the hybrid program. So I used a picture of a nude woman, but none of her “lady parts” are showing. I posted it on Facebook, and submitted a boost for advertising the song, complete with the cover. The ad ran for several hours and got a lot of hits, but it was then rejected by Facebook because it showed too much “skin”. I found this funny as the picture was mostly flat areas, and devoid of contours or any “sexual” aspects. Several of my female friends thought this was ridiculous, as they thought it was a very good picture and thought provoking.


I finished this song this week. I was very happy with it because I incorporated a “drone” line with part of the melody, and the break in the middle of the song is mostly psychedelic, but it blends in with the rest of the song perfectly.


 


https://soundcloud.com/user-962939863/visitors-from-zeta-reticuli


 


What inspired you to write this release?


Loving music, synthesizers, and just the sheer act of creating; these are the things which inspire me. I never really know what is going to happen until I start the process of recording. I do not come up with an idea before I start, and usually the title of the song comes to me while I am editing the song. This song started out as “UFO in the shadow of the sun” but as I worked on the song it ended up as “Visitors from Zeta Reticuli”.



Any plans to release a video?


This is a link to my song Three A.M. on YouTube. There are several other interviews on me (around 12) where I talk about my book and alien experiences. Three A.M. is the time of morning when most people are visited by aliens. The video contains pictures of marks and wounds I have received, and also some of my paintings of alien ships.



I made this video for a website in Japanese, for Japanese Pop Music. I am in the preparation for producing a new video which is more complex and contains me playing music, among other things, and a few more surreal scenes.


 



 


Any plans to hit the road?


Not at the moment.


As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?


My first steps for branding my music came from my book. I built a large friend base on Face Book to help get the word out about my book, and everything came from there. If you are not abducted, or you are not aware you are abducted, then you don’t realize what an obsession most abductees have with aliens, and I am no different. So it was just natural for me to use alien themes in my production, especially since the music I once heard from aliens, during meditation, was very much like it was done with synthesizers, or just pure electricity, however, from what I know of them the music was produced mentally, and projected into my brain psychically, but I thought it was coming over the headphones I was listening to. They are just that good at controlling our perceptions.


Who have you been listening to lately?


I really like the music of A Trak and Milo & Otis. I also listen to Martin Garrix. I must admit that mostly I listen to my own music. About two years ago I was sick and tired of the music I was listening to, everything from the 60’s up to NOW. It was like I had been eating the same food every meal every day for a hundred years. I was also tired of listening to songs with lyrics. I was tired of what everybody was saying, and I was tired of having my emotions manipulated by everyone else’s problems, as presented in songs. Then I discovered Trap music and that’s all I listen to, ever since. I have a little over 200 trap songs in my CD player, and I just put them on random and let them fly.



Tell us about your passions


I love to work on my house. I am a carpenter, electrician, plumber, and all self-taught. I do it only for myself as no one would be able to afford what I would charge. One of my construction friends said I do carpentry like a cabinet maker, which was a big compliment. I can do anything having to do with construction.

I also like socializing with people and talking to them about Aliens, and music. I love movies, and have made several short art films. Art I do mostly in support of my music now, but it is no less creative.


What else is happening next in your world?


At the moment I am working on my house, recording music, and doing interviews about my book, and my music. I am also networking to be on television and talk at some UFO seminars and conferences.


Thanks for an awesome interview, Byron!


 


 


Connect with Byron


Website: https://www.byronlacy.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/electronicmusicparade/?ref=bookmarks


YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR8S3h_9xJgYdUoDxw5QGRA

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/byronlacy




Genres: Alternative, Electronic, Experimental, Instrumental

Source: ArtistPR Indie Artist Interview

Comments

Popular Posts